Morris Newspaper Corporation of Northern California is looking for an Advertising Director to work in our Central Valley markets. The ideal candidate will have experience managing, motivating and training a sales team in both print and digital advertising, with a proven track record of delivering meaningful and compelling solutions for clients. He/she must be a team player wiling to inspire and be inspired by being part of the senior management team at a dynamic, media company that is focused on changing the way advertising is sold and measured.
In this key role, you’ll be working with a team of sales professionals to develop advertising pipelines, understand customer needs and develop print & digital advertising campaigns that deliver strong returns on investment for our customers. We are looking for a sales leader who uses a consultative sales style and is able to coach others to improve their skills and leads by example by being in the field closing business. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of digital marketing products including display, mobile, tablet, social media and search engine optimization. We’re seeking a creative marketer who understands the print & digital audience along with the marketing strategies necessary for engaging that audience. As Advertising Director, your responsibilities range from direct sales, developing the local market sales team, excelling in a matrix reporting environment, and, above all, being part of the leadership of a growing media company committed to the strength of print & digital solutions. If you have a track record of closing business, leading and improving the skills of others and can demonstrate your ability to achieve sales goals, we’d like to talk to you.
MNC of California is a division of family-owned Morris Multimedia Company with 6 community newspapers, 7 websites, 3 shoppers, various shopping guides, magazines, a full-service print and digital media planning department, as well as commercial printing capabilities of every variety.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a world class sales team.
- Hiring and training top talent Goal setting and budgeting of sales territories
- Handling a list of key accounts Meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Use professional consultative sales techniques and marketing skills to close the sale Communicate clearly with other department heads & our sales management team
- Lead weekly sales meetings Give presentations at local community events, growing the brand of our media company
- Provide great customer service and follow through to both external and internal customers Train sales team members to successfully sell our entire advertising portfolio
- Create product segmentation strategies to maximize sales opportunities across different Advertising channels Manage existing accounts as well as develop prospects in the region
- Grow new revenues through personal sales calls on new and infrequent advertisers within and outside the company’s market footprint.
- Conduct customer needs analyses, create presentations and proposals to provide customers with customized marketing solutions Assist in the development of new digital strategies, training, and product launches
- Organize materials and create presentations for workshops attended by local business decision makers.
- 5 or more years of driving Advertising and ideally 2-3 years of sales management experience Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- The ability to thrive in a competitive environment A deep understanding of the digital advertising space including SEM, SEO and Social Media
- Proven ability to drive individual Advertising and work collaboratively to drive team sales
The competitive base plus commission on yours as well as team sales, offers excellent career earning potential. We have excellent company benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance as well as paid time off and 401k plans. If you desire a challenge, then we want to talk to you!
To be considered for this position please send a cover letter and resume with references when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.