We are seeking to hire a Paginator for our Auburn Journal location, in support of Gold Country Media. A strong candidate will possess the ability to provide graphic design skills to the creative department and collaboration with the editorial and design staff of the Auburn Journal.
You may be our ideal candidate if:
- Ability and desire to review and edit the work of staff writers, enforce deadlines.
- Successful collaborate with the Content and Design Manager to research and plan articles.
- Possess an affinity and background in page design (pagination), which is key to this role.
- Paginates classifieds section and delivers finished files to pre-press.
- Works with the Editorial department to layout the ROP sections of the newspaper.
- Communicate daily with various departments on daily page count and layout data.
- Monitors product manifests and distributes missing ad lists.
- Responsible for the successful placement of page files on servers for pre-pressroom prep work.
- Discusses all production problems with his/her manager in detail.
- Previous newspaper or magazine experience
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Able to work within a tight deadline and be able to adapt to schedule and work requirements.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Efficient in: InDesign and/or Quark.
- (2) to (5) years of newspaper/graphic design/pagination experience.
- Degree in Graphic Arts preferred, but not required with commensurate experience.
Benefits package including medical/ dental/vision/ 401k, vacation and more.
- Medical/Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefit Packages-Dental/Vision/Life and ADD
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
- Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
Email resume to: email@example.com